Tuesday 16 April 2013

I Am From Books


I am from the grey scale world,
the red apple,
realizing one’s true duty,
and the sled ride to the end.

I am from the five families,
the family business,
the stance of Caesar,
and Genco’s Olive oil company.

I am from a cold winter’s night,
the red hunting cap,
never wanting to grow up,
and the weird night at the professor’s house.

I am from the heat of the burning books,
the Jew in the basement,
the narration by Death,
and the everlasting love for reading.

I am from the letters written to a friend,
the finding of one’s self,
the unrequited love from a someone close,
and ‘Asleep’ by The Smiths.

I am from the young boys crib,
the childhood mishaps,
the bed time poems,
and the everlasting love between a mother and son.

I am from the amusement park,
the snow white mountain top,
the blue man,
and an old man’s death.

No comments:

Post a Comment